Methylcobalamin is one of two coenzymes forms of B12. Evidence indicates that methylcobalamin has some metabolic and therapeutic applications not shared by the other forms of vitamin B12.
Help increase your energy and the success of your weight loss plan. Methylcobalamin is a very effective treatment for B12 deficiencies commonly found in patients who suffer from disease or have nutritional deficits (such as ultra low calories or gastric bypass patients).
Methylcobalamin is the only active form of B12 found within the Central Nervous System. Benefits of Methylcobalamin supplementation include;
- Assists in the reduction of elevated Homocysteine. Elevated Homocysteine has been linked to increased cardiovascular risk of disease.
- Proven beneficial for symptoms of depression
- Supports the production of serotonin and melatonin
- Acts as a methyl donor and participates in the synthesis of SAM-e (S-adenosylmethionine), a nutrient that has powerful mood elevating properties.
- Supports Immune system regulation
- Repair of damaged myelin sheath
- Acts to reverse nerve damage and promote nerve cell regeneration
- Increased metabolic function
- Supports healthy red blood cells and is used to treat Anemia
- Protects against neurological disease and aging
- Improvement of mental dysfunction in the elderly
- Supportive treatment in HIV
- Useful in protocols for asthma and sulfite sensitivities
- Necessary for the conversion of methylmalonate to succinic acid, an important Krebs cycle intermediate in energy production